EXOVERA is currently seeking a Data Scientist to join our team of media analysis professionals in our Reston office. In this position you will help develop linguistic and quantitative based scoring and analytics products that allow our media analysts to access and analyze collected traditional and social media data. Our engineering team is small as such this is an opportunity for the right candidate to apply original research and cutting edge techniques to design original products that have a high impact on our overall business goals.
The ideal candidate will have experience designing quantitative analytic products in both traditional and social media analysis space. They will have the ability to work independently to produce reports, design custom analytics and contribute to the production of interactive dashboards as outputs. Experience in Data Mining, Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics are a must. Some experience developing solutions that utilize Elasticsearch, R, D3.js, Shiny, Java, Numpy etc. is also highly desirable.
- Create and apply models, and visualizations for news and social media analysis; such as, predictive analytics, narrative modeling, trending, etc.
- Develop solutions for backend and frontend data enrichment, such as statistical topic, quote, and event extraction.
- Retrieve, process and prepare a rich data variety of sources such as social media, news, and other opensource content.
- Analyze and model structured data and implement algorithms to support analysis using advanced statistical and mathematical methods from statistics, machine learning, data mining, econometrics, and operations research
- Perform statistical natural language processing to mine unstructured data, using methods such as document clustering, topic analysis, named entity recognition, document classification, and sentiment analysis
- Utilize a diverse array of technologies and tools as needed, to deliver insights, such as R, SAS, Python, Spark, Hadoop etc.
- Drive client engagements focused on big data and advanced business analytics, in diverse domains such as risk management, product development, marketing research, supply chain, public policy; communicate results and educate others through reports and presentations
- Perform exploratory data analysis, generate and test working hypotheses, and uncover interesting trends and relationships
- Master’s degree with a minimum of two years experience, or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Econometrics, or related fields
- Strong mathematical background with strong knowledge in at least one of the following fields: statistics, data mining, machine learning, statistics, operations research, econometrics, natural language processing, and/or information retrieval
- Deep experience in extracting, cleaning, preparing and modeling data
- Experience with command-line scripting, data structures, and algorithms; ability to work in a Linux environment
- Proficiency in analysis (e.g. R, SAS, Matlab) packages
- Proficiency in programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java, Scala)
EXOVERA provides decision makers with a 24/7 intelligence service for global situational awareness.
For more than 10 years, our customers have relied on our advanced technology and human analysis to provide a rich understanding of complex regions of the world where missed information or missed detection of events can have a significant impact on operational outcomes. Our cloud-based EV3 platform provides a comprehensive, customizable solution for monitoring and analyzing over 350,000 traditional and social media sites and over 1,000,000 sources.
Point of Contact
Sia Soroui, CTO – firstname.lastname@example.org